Taiwan Tati Cultural and Educational Foundation

 
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home The News

News

Ex-Washington adviser calls for US naval visits

Former US national security adviser John Bolton on Friday reiterated a call for US naval visits to the Port of Kaohsiung, as he affirmed the Pentagon’s reported plan to send more troops to Taiwan.

The Wall Street Journal on Thursday reported that the US is increasing its small contingent of soldiers in Taiwan to train local forces.

The US military presence in Taiwan would grow from 100 to 200 troops, up from about 30 a year earlier, it said.

Read more...
 
 

Taipei concerned by US arms delays

Taiwan is concerned about delays in the delivery of weapons by Washington, US Representative Mike Gallagher told US media following a visit to Taiwan.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman Jeff Liu (劉永健) yesterday said Gallagher met with President Tsai Ing-wen (蔡英文), Vice President William Lai (賴清德) and National Security Council Secretary-General Wellington Koo (顧立雄) during his visit from Friday last week to Monday.

Read more...
 


Page 17 of 250

Newsflash


A statue of Chiang Kai-shek at Fu Jen Catholic University in New Taipei City is decorated yesterday with a hemp mourning garment and signs demanding that the Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) apologize for its crimes in connection with the 228 Incident.
Screen grab from Internet

With the 68th anniversary of the 228 Incident approaching, President Ma Ying-jeou’s (馬英九) administration has come under fire from Academia Sinica modern history researcher Chen Yi-shen (陳儀深), who said the administration is misrepresenting history and mitigating the Chinese Nationalist Party’s (KMT) responsibility for the 228 Incident.

The very nature of the 228 Incident, a historical tragedy that is the by-product of a clash of different ethnicities, is that it was a massacre of civilians by the KMT government, Chen said.