Taiwan Tati Cultural and Educational Foundation

 
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home The News News

News

Tsai reinstates one-year conscription

Conscription is to be restored to one year for all men born after Jan. 1, 2005, starting in 2024, President Tsai Ing-wen (蔡英文) said yesterday as part of an updated national defense plan.

“The decision is a difficult one, but as the head of the military and for the continued survival of Taiwan, this is an inevitable responsibility,” Tsai said.

Read more...
 
 

Taiwan detects 78 Chinese craft in a day

A total of 71 Chinese military aircraft and seven naval vessels were detected around Taiwan from 6am on Sunday to 6am yesterday, the Ministry of National Defense said.

It was the most Chinese military craft detected within a 24-hour period so far this year.

Forty-seven aircraft were spotted either crossing the median line of the Taiwan Strait or entering Taiwan’s southwestern air defense identification zone (ADIZ), the ministry said.

Read more...
 


Page 100 of 1490

Newsflash

Twelve days after Typhoon Morakot lashed the nation, President Ma Ying-jeou yesterday visited Xiaolin Village, Kaohsiung County — one of the hardest hit areas.

Ma was confronted by angry relatives and friends of the approximately 400 people who are believed to have died when the village was destroyed by mudslides.