Taiwan Tati Cultural and Educational Foundation

 
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home The News News

News

GIO protests ‘China, Taiwan’ label for movie at film fest

The Government Information Office (GIO) has lodged a protest with the Venice Film Festival for labeling Seediq Bale (賽德克巴萊), which has been nominated for the Golden Lion award, a film made by “China, Taiwan” and demanded a correction.

Chu Wen-ching (朱文清), director of the GIO’s Motion Picture Affairs Department, said the protest was presented by the Taipei Representative Office in Italy on Friday.

FUNDING

ARS Film Production (果子電影公司), the producer of the film, also wrote a letter to the festival organizer, asking it to correct the name of the country of production. ARS said the film was not funded by China and did not employ Chinese actors.

Read more...
 
 

DPP criticizes ‘I am a R.O.C.er’ T-shirt

The Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) yesterday criticized the “I am a R.O.C.er” T-shirt introduced by President Ma Ying-jeou’s (馬英九) re-election campaign office, saying it could mislead the international community as there are nations other than the Republic of China that use the acronym ROC.

Ma’s campaign office seems to have a national identity crisis, DPP spokesperson Liang Wen-jie (梁文傑) said, adding that according to the Ministry of the Foreign Affairs’ Web site, other countries such as the Republic of Croatia, Republic of Cameroon, Republic of Cuba, the Republic of Chile, Republic of Cyprus, Republic of Chad, and the Republic of Columbia, use the abbreviation ROC.

Read more...
 


Page 1120 of 1495

Newsflash

A Chinese blockade of Taiwan would be an act of war and have far-reaching consequences for international trade, Minister of National Defense Wellington Koo (顧立雄) said yesterday, after drills by China last week practiced such a scenario.

Beijing has over the past five years staged almost daily military activities around Taiwan, including war games that have practiced blockades and attacks on ports.

China’s latest war games named “Joint Sword-2024B” were carried out on Monday last week, which Beijing said included simulating blockading ports and areas, and assaulting maritime and ground targets.