Taiwan Tati Cultural and Educational Foundation

 
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home The News News

News

Protests continue in Tibet: Leaflets warn of more protests, Chinese flag again pulled down

DHARAMSHALA, February 14: Two Tibetans were arrested after leaflets warning of more ‘free Tibet protests’ were cited near a Chinese police station in Kardze Saturday.

Tashi Palden, 21 was arrested for raising slogans calling for a ‘Free Tibet’ and the ‘Long life of His Holiness the Dalai Lama’ at the Kardze district market on Saturday at around 11 am local time.

Read more...
 
 

Breaking: Tibet continues to burn – Another teenage Tibetan self immolates

A file photo of Losang Gyatso, 19 who self-immolated shouting
slogans of protest against the Chinese government in Ngaba, eastern
Tibet on February 13, 2012. (Photo/Kirti monastery)
A file photo of Losang Gyatso, 19 who self-immolated shouting slogans of protest against the Chinese government in Ngaba, eastern Tibet on February 13, 2012. (Photo/Kirti monastery)

DHARAMSHALA, February 13: Yet another teenage Tibetan monk has set his body on fire protesting against the Chinese government today.

The Tibetan has been identified as Losang Gyatso, age 19, a monk at the Kirit monastery in the beleaguered region of Ngaba, eastern Tibet.

The exile base of Kirti monastery in Dharamshala, in a release late today, confirmed the information.

Read more...
 


Page 1049 of 1490

Newsflash


Former US secretary of state Mike Pompeo speaks at an event in Taipei yesterday.
Photo: Ann Wang, Reuters

Officially recognizing the Republic of China’s (ROC) sovereignty is “easy” and “the right thing to do,” former US secretary of state Mike Pompeo said yesterday in an interview with the Taipei Times in Taipei.

“It’s easy to do. It’s the right thing to do. It’s the morally proper thing to do. It’s not hard,” said Pompeo, who served from April 2018 to January last year under the administration of former US president Donald Trump.