Taiwan Tati Cultural and Educational Foundation

 
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home The News News

News

Virus Outbreak: Nation reports no new COVID-19 cases


Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung, who heads the Central Epidemic Command Center, speaks at a news conference in Taipei yesterday.
Photo: CNA

For the first time in more than a month, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) yesterday reported no new cases of COVID-19.

Read more...
 
 

Virus Outbreak: Chen reveals Taiwan’s e-mail to WHO


Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung at the Central Epidemic Command Center in Taipei yesterday shows a copy of an e-mail that Taiwanese authorities sent to the WHO on Dec. 31 last year regarding the novel coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, China.
Photo: CNA

Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung (陳時中) yesterday urged the WHO to be honest as the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) published the e-mail it had sent to the world body in December last year alerting it about the risk of an outbreak in China.

Read more...
 


Page 293 of 1495

Newsflash

The Central Election Commission (CEC) yesterday said that it made mistakes that eventually led to the long lines in last month’s nine-in-one elections, adding that it would increase the number of polling stations in coming elections and review rules on when to hold referendums.

The 10 referendums held alongside the local elections on Nov. 24 were approved in October, leaving the government with less than two months to make the necessary adjustments at polling stations, whose planning had been finalized in August, the commission said in a report submitted to the Legislative Yuan’s Internal Administration Committee, which is to be reviewed today.